Passion. That's the common attribute of those that work for our organization. If you're ready to make a difference in by making safe, decent, affordable housing possible for everyone, browse our openings and let us know you're interested by applying or calling the office at 419-523-9621 for details.
Critical Home Repair (CHR)/Construction Manager
Primary Role: The CHR/Construction Manager coordinates the repair and construction of safe, decent, affordable housing by:
- Overseeing the construction process on all PCHFH projects, including the ongoing Critical Home Repair program and the biannual New Homeownership program build.
- Supervising and leading on-site construction, including independent contractors and construction volunteers. Creating a positive and encouraging work atmosphere.
- Procuring construction materials through competitive bid process and assisting in the development of donations of professional labor and in-kind materials.
- Ensuring that safety guidelines are followed on-site and that adequate training is provided to construction team and daily volunteers.
- Holding the main responsibility for the delivery of homes/projects on time and within the budget established by the PCHFH Board of Directors.
- Being responsible for seeing that homes are built in accordance with applicable building codes.
- Being skilled in detailed techniques and principles of construction, construction scheduling, procurement, budgeting, warranty program and continuous improvement.
The CHR/Construction Manager must have at least 3 years of experience in the residential construction industry, possess good communication skills, have basic mathematical aptitude to calculate building measurements, quantities, etc., and have basic computer skills. A background check will be required. The position is full-time equivalent and flexible as the job requires. Salary is $35,000 plus $3,000 healthcare stipend (annual.)
Download the COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION here.
Download the JOB APPLICATION here.
Please read the full job description, download and complete the job application and email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Putnam County Habitat for Humanity, 150 N. Oak Street, Ottawa, OH 45875.